- Detroit, MI
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
The Account Manager is part of the indie sales and marketing team, responsible for finding, winning and account-management of new business for indie, for a defined geographic and market area. The scope of responsibilities includes customer identification, account development, securing wins, negotiation, contract administration and long-term account development, plus representation of the customer perspective inside indie and making a strong internal business case.
This role is key for indie to develop and drive its continued growth by leveraging its core strengths while finding creative ways to apply those strengths to support our customers through all facets of the business process. The candidate will collaborate with our marketing, applications, and design engineering teams to identify opportunities, and develop and win designs. This position also helps the marketing team with identifying customers’ needs, ultimately leading to new product concepts, roadmaps, and associated strategies.
As Account Manager, success will be measured by new product design-wins, account development, revenue growth, and new customer acquisition.
- Achievement of assigned sales business plan through presentation, promotion, and selling of indie products and services to existing and prospective customers.
- Identification of new sales opportunities, both new accounts and opportunities within
- Management, tracking, and progression of customer-related
- Regular reporting to HQ on progress, issues, needs and
- Tactical coordination of activities required to develop accounts & win
- Expediting resolution of problems and
- Defining account strategies for your customer base, driving engagement through the discovery, evaluation, negotiation, and design win process.
- Sales material – use, familiarity, and modification of material to optimize it for each customer or situation.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field to sufficiently understand customer requirements.
- At least 5 years of experience in semiconductor sales, preferably in a related market area
- At least 3 years of experience working with distribution.
- Strong sense of customer
- Relevant semiconductor market
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Demonstrated ability to confront tough issues and work under commercial
- Expected to travel 25% of the time (indie HQ, other geographic areas in which your key accounts are present).
- Radar experience isn’t required, but a plus.
- The position reports to the Director of North American Sales
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.