- Dresden, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
Our design team develops custom and standard System on Chip (SoC) solutions for automotive applications which integrate advanced digital signal processing and MCU based ICs with mixed-signal features. The mixed signal design can include high voltage power management components, RF, Precision Analog blocks as well as high-speed converters allowing us to provide complete solutions to our international customer base. indie team also provide critical Firmware and Software solutions to provide reference code and accelerate product development cycle time. In this position, the IC Engineer is responsible for managing and executing all activities associated with design, integration, verification, and maintenance of digital IPs integrated in IC used in embedded microcontroller-based system solutions.
The IC design responsibilities will include specifying and building digital components based on customer application specific requirements or IP standards and support the team to complete the design including top level integration, physical design support. Focus on Functional Safety tasks is also not just expected but requested.
- Work with Marketing and System teams to architect and define IP and chip level digital implementations.
- Lead design review supporting indie quality and design flow
- Write and document RTL to implement digital IP based on agreed design specification.
- Write implementation and SoC integration plan of the digital IP.
- Support and contribute to Functional Safety related activities.
- Develop block level test plan (to be used by the verification team) and test benches to check basic functionality of the design.
- Support RTL and gate level functional verification, debug failures, manage bug tracking and analyze and close coverage.
- Work with FW engineer for the integration of the digital IP functionality at the system level in the application.
- Support validation, test and application engineering teams in the debug of the digital IP on the silicon.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 10+ years of experience designing custom ICs.
- Develop IP detailed specification including test/verification plans and generate associated RTL code, synthesis constraints, etc.
- Support synthesis, STA, and logic equivalency checks.
- RTL & gate level simulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of designing digital blocks using Verilog code.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital circuit simulation tools and front-end environments, particularly Cadence based.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lab equipment tools such a logic analyzer
- Experience in product development with ISO 26262 requirements.
- Programming in Ruby, Python, Perl languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Report progress to the team leader on a regular basis.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.