- Córdoba, Argentina
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
Our design team develops custom and standard SoC solutions for automotive applications which integrate advanced digital ICs (Arm®Cortex® MCUs and/or DSP) with mixed-signal devices into a single System-in-Package (SiP). The mixed signal can include power management, RF, high voltage as well as high speed convertors allowing us to provide complete solutions to our international customer base.
You will join a small team of highly competent engineers involved in the design, implementation and verification of firmware for embedded systems targeting automotive driver assistance system (ADAS) applications. You will architect, design, implement and support firmware modules and sample applications. You will also support the hardware SOC design team’s pre-silicon verification and application engineering group’s customer-facing demonstration platforms. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated firmware developer to join a growing team of engineers who strive to solve automotive problems.
- Writing hardware abstraction layer drivers for communication peripherals common in automotive systems, especially Ethernet, SPI, CAN and LIN.
- Writing firmware for handling data and control traffic over UDP, TCP and PTP protocols commonly used in automotive Ethernet.
- Implementing memory-efficient light-weight RTOS such as FreeRTOS on ARM Cortex M and R series processors.
- Prototyping firmware systems in pre-silicon stages using FPGA or simulation platforms to have code ready for silicon bringup on day 1.
- Perform integration of DSP firmware modules in SoC platforms
- Implement IPC mechanisms between different processors
- Familiarize with different DSP processors to efficiently implement algorithms based in architecture-specific intrinsics and/or compiler auto vectorization
- Understand customer requirements and translate them into development specifications
- Writing software documentation, and presenting it to peers and management cogently.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering +7 or more years experience or Master’s degree +5 or more years of experience
- Mastery of embedded concerns such as real-time budgeting, memory fragmentation, calling conventions, re-entrancy, boot-strapping, scatter-gather
- Mastery of embedded C/C++ embedded programming
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology
- Prior experience with C-based device driver and RTOS on ARM Cortex M and R series MCUs.
- Experience with DSP firmware development, including optimization for meeting time (cycle count) and/or memory budget goals
- Experience with DSP firmware profiling
- Experience with DSP modelling (either using MATLAB, Python, etc.)
- Experience with fixed-point arithmetics development, either in firmware and/or hardware development
- Experience with automated build tools (e.g. make, cmake)
- Experience with scripting tools for automation of development, build, test and deploy workflows
- Expert level understanding of version control, release management, continuous integration and unit testing.
- Experience with industry standard debug/trace using Segger, Lauterbach or equivalent.
- Familiarity with using lab equipment such as an oscilloscope and a logic analyzer during silicon bringup and debug.
- Experience in from-scratch new product development.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.