- Dresden, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
As a Failure Analysis Engineer at indie, you will identify and assess different types of failures in our products and/or the application of customers during the development phase or analysis of customer returns. At the same time, you will be responsible for balancing time, qualitative outcome and cost as input to define the right corrective actions.
- Conduct hands-on laboratory work using state-of-the-art non-destructive and/or destructive tools and methods for inspection (optical, X-Ray, CSAM), electrical test (on Bench and Curve Tracing), IC decapping (physically or chemically), defect localization (LiT, EMMI, Obirch) and induce the characterization (FIB/SEM, EDX)
- Work closely with national and international external laboratories
- Ensure high quality and timely analysis of failure analysis requests, including detailed reporting of results to international customers (reporting in English)
- Ensure that failure analysis equipment or failure analysis hardware and software are running smoothly (Tool ownership)
- Ensure efficient communication with internal stakeholders
- Drive continuous improvement by developing, adapting and implementing process flows and appropriate methods and equipment for failure analysis
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- Bachelor/Master degree (MSc) or Dipl-Eng (FA) in Engineering (Micro – Electronics, Electronics, Physics, etc.) or equal through experience; fresh graduates are welcome
- Familiar with electrical equipment used to drive IC’s (ie: power supply, function generator and measure IC’s electrical behavior (I/U measurements, oscilloscope, etc.)
- Knowledge in soldering techniques as well as pick-and-place of PCBs
- Preferred experience in PCB design (including ordering of self-designed PCBs)
- Preferred knowledge/interest in Python programming and IC Design (gds.-reading SW)
- Ability to document work accurately
- Fluency in English and German
- a challenging job in a dynamic high-tech international environment
- A new lab environment with modern FA tools
- the opportunity to take ownership of your professional passion in order to contribute to the success of the company
- an enjoyable, team-oriented and professional atmosphere
- opportunity to grow and learn from highly experienced FA experts
- flexible working hours and including remote (home office) (e.g. for Design or Reporting)
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.