- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
- Austin, TX, USA
- Detroit, MI
- Munich, Germany
- Nuremberg, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
The Functional Safety Engineer (FSE) at indie Semiconductor joins the team at the center of the automotive safety culture. He/She will be a champion for the automotive functional safety lifecycle of projects.
- Analysis and defined functional safety requirements.
- Creates/contributes to functional safety concept and technical safety concept.
- Specifies HW safety requirements and SW safety Requirements.
- Collaborates with the design team in the design of effective technical solutions aimed to achieve adequate robustness at System, HW and SW architectural level in compliance with relevant functional safety standards.
- Contributes to the product development process, by creating the appropriate work products that meet the requirements of the relevant functional safety standards.
- Supports Safety Assessment Reviews held by safety assessor.
- Leads or participates in safety analysis processes (e.g. FMEAs, FTAs, FMEDAs, etc.)
- Supports the safety verification & validation activities.
- Supports customer review meetings.
- Tracks and document necessary safety activities within a project as planned.
- Cooperates with the FSM and other FuSa resources in other sites or external contractors.
- Support Fault injection reports.
- Support Design engineering with impact analysis on design changes effects on functional safety and ensure that functional safety is maintained.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- ISO26262 Certification
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools
- Experience with Safety Analysis Tools
- Knowledge of the Products Development Life Cycle with respect to Systems, Electrical or Software Development.
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization skills.
- Self-motivated / self-starter with the ability to find creative solutions.
- Experience with automotive requirements (e.g. AEC, FMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, IAGT16949 and VDA 6.3 is a plus.
- Domestic and international travel will be required.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.