- Haifa, Israel
- Munich, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications. This position will report to our Symeo team. Symeo, an indie Semiconductor company, is a developer and manufacturer of innovative radar devices combining, high-frequency radar technology and communication to improve existing technology and enable new and emerging applications.
We are seeking a talented and motivated principal mmWave RF engineer to join our indie radar team. This position is a senior leadership position responsible for leading mmWave RF design and solution development in the automotive radar space. You will be involved in the design and characterization of mmWave circuits and systems in advanced CMOS technologies, bringing an involative advanced radar solution to the automotive market. Principal engineers are expected to work across geographies with a high level of autonomy, identifying and requesting resources to finish their projects. As part of a cross-functional development team, the candidate will interact with other essential disciplines, including IC teams, IC packaging team, test teams, and PCB teams. This is an exciting opportunity to develop challenging and innovative RFICs in a fast-growing startup environment, where your contribution directly drives the success of the automotive radar team and indie Semiconductor as a whole.
- Analyse system level requirements and derive quick and effective design circuits to meet the design target within the scope of the project. Write the associated specification, design review and test requirements documentation.
- Help improve the design quality, flow, processes for first time design success and high yield manufacturability (DFM). Willingness to lead some task force to improve design flow.
- Perform complete design and layout of mmWave components and prepare components for system level integration.
- Close collaboration with other design team members including system, application, software, lab and ATE test engineers.
- Manage junior staff member work and lead technical decisions.
- Test, characterize, and debug designs in the lab as necessary.
- Must love working within a small entity where everyone makes a difference to the company success.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience designing RF/mmWave ICs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CMOS silicon process technologies involving automotive specifications.
- Knowledge and experience of design techniques related to FMCW automotive radar is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience designing mmWave circuits including amplifiers, PAs, phase rotators, splitter/combiners, LNAs, frequency multipliers etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transistor-level analog and RF circuit simulation tools and frontend environments with extensive experience with Cadence Virtuoso and momentum/RFPro EM simulation tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementation of mixed-signal IC design and layout.
- Demonstrated ability to characterize and troubleshoot IC designs in the lab.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.