- Córdoba, Argentina
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
The design team at indie Semiconductor develops integrated circuits targeting automotive applications that integrate micro-controller, analog, mixed signal and power management functions to bring a complete solution to our international customer base. The engineer in this position will join a small team of highly competent engineers that are creating brand new designs in the field of advanced driver assistance systems.
This role shall be responsible for pre-silicon platform engineering including rapid FPGA prototyping, digital IP benchmarking and hardware/software partitioning.
- Integration of pre-existing IPs onto medium and high-integration scale FPGA platforms
- Development of appropriate SOC-friendly glue logic and clocking schemes on FPGA
- Delivering and supporting FPGA platforms to firmware teams to allow pre-silicon firmware development
- Performance benchmarking of data path IPs available in the FPGA ecosystem against their custom silicon counterparts
- Participation in the partitioning of target SOC functionality between hardware and software (using the viewpoint of programmable logic and hardened processor subsystems or other accelerators on a typical FPGA platforms)
- Identification and documentation of the most useful functional DFT features for SOC design team, given the target application
- Verification of the FPGA RTL code through system verilog simulation environment to validate equivalent behavior of the logic and also to isolate issues found on the prototype platform
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of FPGA experience
- Detailed understanding of FPGA tool flow and board platforms including synthesis, place and route, and embedded processor environment generation
- Prefer Experience with Xilinx Vivado and UltraScale+ devices
- Proficient with Static Timing Analysis for both logic and IO
- Demonstrated knowledge of Verilog simulation tools
- Expert level understanding of bus architectures esp. AXI, AHB and APB
- Expertise in at least one major communication standard (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, PCIe)
- Basic understanding of C, Python and/or Matlab
- Demonstrated knowledge of lab tools such a logic analyzer and debugger
- Understanding of how to work efficiently in a revision control system like svn or git with multiple users
- Ability to work efficiently in a remote and highly international work culture
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Preferred: prior exposure to automotive sensor applications
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.