- Dresden, Germany
- Munich, Germany
- Nuremberg, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications. This position will report to our Symeo team. Symeo, an indie Semiconductor company, is a developer and manufacturer of innovative radar devices combining, high-frequency radar technology and communication to improve existing technology and enable new and emerging applications.
We are seeking a talented and motivated principal microwave hardware development engineer to join our indie radar systems team. Focus of the position is to plan and manage system level hardware development projects, including development, design, simulation and component testing for radar MMIC and radar systems development. This involves the development of mmWave circuits, antennas, MIMO arrays as well as measurements and characterizations of mmWave components on die, PCB and radar system level. Principal engineers are expected to work across geographies with a high level of autonomy, identifying and requesting resources to finish their projects. As part of a cross-functional development team, you will interact with other essential disciplines, including IC-design teams, IC packaging teams, test teams, algorithm-teams, requirements-teams and DevOps teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop challenging and innovative RFICs in a fast-growing startup environment, where your contribution directly drives the success of the automotive radar team and indie Semiconductor as a whole.
- Analyse system level requirements and derive quick and effective solutions for challenging HW development and testing tasks to successfully finish the projects
- Develop test plans and setups in cooperation with IC-designers
- Design, simulation and characterization of mmWave components (e.g. calibration + debugging structures, antennas, MIMO arrays, RF circuits and transitions, 3D RF components) to meet the design target within the scope of the project.
- Test, characterization and debugging of component designs as well as whole frontends in lab and anechoic chamber as necessary.
- Drive the hardware development for radar evaluation boards and systems within hardware team in collaboration with the application and algorithm teams.
- Manage junior staff member work and lead technical decisions.
- Close collaboration with other teams including IC-design teams, IC packaging teams, testing teams, algorithm-teams, requirements-teams and DevOps teams
- Draft technical specifications, design guidelines and related documents
- You will collaborate with teams from different departments and sites in an international environment.
- Some travel will be required, including international.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- PhD or MS degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in RF/mmWave design
- Significant experience in RF/mmWave hardware design and RF simulation tools like CST Design Studio or HFSS.
- Highly familiar with measurement setups and characterization of RF components (e.g., VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator).
- Demonstrated ability to characterize and troubleshoot mmW ICs, mmW components and PCB designs in the lab.
- Very good understanding of EM wave propagation behavior, RF & EM theory and boundary value problems.
- Familiarity with radar algorithms and MIMO calibration or communications systems.
- Familiarity with RF IC techniques and testing.
- Knowledge of Python / Matlab for analytical simulations.
- Outstanding communication, team and leadership skills.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, JIRA) is a plus.
- Business-fluent English is required, German language skills are a plus.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.