- San Jose, CA
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
The Product Application Engineer is responsible for designing and developing camera and imaging applications using indie’s Camera Video Processor product lines. You will become deeply knowledgeable of indie’s camera video processor products to provide customers with in-depth technical support and enable further development of innovative automotive solutions.
- Design and develop software/firmware applications for image and video processors.
- Provide technical support for product development to customers and partners.
- Manage and coordinate customer projects through the full product development cycle
- Author product design document and application note.
- Provide development tools training to customers.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- 3+ years of experience developing applications in embedded firmware, preferably using RTOS and Linux.
- Background in cameras, image/video processing, and/or image sensor technology is plus.
- Strong skills in embedded SW engineering with hands-on experience with C/C++, Python script etc.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills and experience with popular industrial hardware and software debugging tools and methods.
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Experience in (or knowledge of) Image processing, Image quality and Image tuning a significant plus.
- Experience in automotive electronic products or similar products is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, software engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Ability to travel internationally without restriction.
The successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability
- Ability to work independently and self-manage your work
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English
- Great team player
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.