- Dresden, Germany
- Munich, Germany
- Nuremberg, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
The Product Line Manager/Director at indie manages all aspects of the respective product segment(s) with PnL responsibility.
Product Line responsibilities include product portfolio and lifecycle management, new product roadmaps, product development and program management, NPI, GTM as well as Sales and Customer enabling. Supply chain and cost management is a key success factor collaborating closely with indie’s sourcing and operations team.
The Product Line Manager/Director builds close relationships with lead customers and relevant ecosystem partners on the decision maker level to grow indie’s business and secure and exceed Product Line goals. Close cooperation with sales, central functions and other product lines is required to maximize indie’s rapid growth through cross leveraging.
The Product line may include custom ASICs for strategic customers. The Product Line Manager will lead customer negotiations, internal business plan development and approvals and manage the customer relationship and project throughout the lifecycle.
The Product Line Manager/Director drives strategic planning and achieves management approvals for rolling 5-year PnLs within indie’s planning process, then leads the product line to execute to plan. Product Lines within indie consist of direct and indirect (matrixed) headcount and functions. The Product Line Manager organizes and hires or influences to hire in central functions to meet the specific needs of the segment within the framework of the approved PnL, plan and guidelines.
indie is rapidly growing in terms of organization and business; processes, tools and methods are constantly evolving to support indie’s growth and scaling. The Product Line Manager is expected to contribute to the overall success of indie by helping and leading to establish or scale processes across product lines and central functions.
This role is key for indie’s success by exceeding profitable growth expectations and helping indie scale.
- Segment PnL, business plan and execution responsibilities
- Strategic planning, including defining roadmaps and business direction
- Interacting effectively with customers on senior and executive level
- Operates effectively in matrixed organizations and leading by example
- Driving account strategies for strategic customers
- Negotiate customer ASIC or partner agreements
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field; MBA is a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in semiconductors with emphasis on automotive experience
- Strong sense of customer orientation and effectiveness
- Experience with PnLs and managing to PnL targets
- Demonstrated organizational leadership in a matrixed environment
- Relevant semiconductor market exposure, demonstrated skills to interact with executive management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to confront difficult problems and drive solutions
- Willingness to travel ~25% of the time
- Experience in IC design, analog, mixed-signal as well as microcontroller and embedded system understanding preferred
- Significant experience differentiating the successful candidate
- Experience with contract negotiations for customer projects
- Proven track record managing customer relationships through the entire product lifecycle and managing challenging situations to positive results
- Experience with cyber security (ISO21434), functional safety (ISO26262), relevant automotive standards, inbound IP licensing
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives within a fast-paced, dynamic, small company environment with multiple competing priorities and who finds satisfaction in making a real difference and accomplishing results quickly and accurately.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.