- Toronto, Canada
- Detroit, MI
- Rabat, Morocco
- Quebec, Canada
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
indie is seeking a motivated Senior Manager, Internal Auditor, to be responsible for establishing and overseeing the overall Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Internal Audit, and SOX Compliance functions. This position will report to the Senior Director (Head of Internal Audit) and be responsible for the design and evaluation of the processes for corporate governance, risk management, financial reliability, internal controls, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. If you thrive in a highly visible, cross-functional, collaborative role and want to work to build a world-class compliance program – please read on.
• Directly oversee the work of audit staff, contract auditors, and audit interns.
• Support the continual development and refinement of the Internal Audit strategy.
• Drive the effort to develop and execute the annual Internal Audit project plan.
• Providing structure, oversight, and driving project alignment within the team and key stakeholders (IT owners, Business Process owners, and external auditors).
• Conduct SOX impact assessment, lead business process owners on walkthroughs, and assist with process mapping, control design, and identification of IT dependencies.
• Prioritize projects identified through the annual risk assessment and lead/participate in efforts to define the audit objective for each project.
• Develop, lead, and execute comprehensive, risk-based financial, compliance, operational, and IT systems audits, to maximize company performance and control, and minimizing risk.
• Prepare high-quality audit deliverables, including planning memos, drafts of audit issues, audit reports, and presentations.
• Recommend improvements to processes, controls, and test programs to enhance the control environment and improve efficiency/effectiveness.
• Develop strong, collaborative working relationships across all levels of the Company and maintain ongoing and constant communications with key stakeholders.
• Serve as subject matter advisor to champion risks and controls considerations and corporate governance concepts.
• Advocate and maintain the highest standard of ethics, discipline, and professionalism.
• Coordinate, coach, and supervise the work performed by peers, junior staff, and external co-sourced resources.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
• Big 4 experience working with public company clients a plus
• Proven experience in driving the execution of an end-to-end SOX program
• Proven experience in planning, leading, and performing internal audits
• Subject matter expert on internal controls, SOX compliance, and/or ERM
• Strong understanding of business processes and system applications.
• Strong planning, project management, and analytical skills.
• Excellent leadership, written and verbal communication, and collaboration skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to proactively problem-solve, identify, and execute improvements.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and embrace change, thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• High ethical and personal standards with a strong work ethic striving to exceed expectations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and accounting software programs
• Ability to travel 10-20% within the US and internationally
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
• 8+ years of audit experience for a global company
• 4+ years of people leadership experience
• Master’s degree or other relevant advanced degree, preferred
• CPA or CISA licensure, or in the process of obtaining an active license preferred
• Fluency in English is required, French or Mandarin a plus
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.