- Munich, Germany
- Nuremberg, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
Today’s extraordinarily complex radar chips feature integrated processors for proper execution of radar chirp sequence, calibration, and functional safety features. As embedded DSP Software Engineer you will contribute to the software architecture, design, implementation, and test of embedded software running on the integrated ARM and DSP cores and interacting with the accelerators of our innovative Radar frontend SoC (System on Chip).
Senior Staff engineers are expected to work across geographies with an elevated level of autonomy, identifying and requesting resources to finish their projects. You will participate in the development and evaluation of radar systems for advanced future radar applications.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop challenging and innovative RFICs in a fast-growing startup environment, where your contribution directly drives the success of the automotive radar team and indie Semiconductor.
- Design, develop, and optimize embedded software for Radar Systems using DSP techniques and algorithms.
- Analyze customer and system requirements and translate them into development specifications and software design.
- Implement signal processing algorithms for Radar Signal Processing.
- Develop simulation models in Python and/or MATLAB.
- Optimize software performance to meet real-time processing requirements and constraints of embedded systems.
- Collaborate with hardware and chip design engineers to ensure seamless integration of software with the SoC specific accelerators, ARM and DSP processors.
- Debug and troubleshoot software issues in embedded systems and provide timely resolutions.
- Conduct testing and validation of software functionality and performance to ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Document software design, coding standards, and test procedures.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in Automotive Radar technology and signal processing techniques to continuously improve software solutions.
- Some travel will be required, including international.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical, mechatronics, communications or computer Engineering or comparable qualification in a related field.
- Extensive experience (8+ years) in embedded software development including signal processing algorithms and fixed-point arithmetic development.
- Proficient in programming languages such as C and C++ for embedded systems with several years of experience.
- Experience with DSP modeling using MATLAB or Python.
- Solid understanding of Digitial Signal Processing (DSP) concepts and techniques, including filtering, modulation, demodulation and FFT (Fast Fourier Transform).
- Familiarity with Radar principles and good knowledge of Radar or LIDAR systems is a plus.
- Experience with embedded software development tools, such as compilers, debuggers, test frameworks and emulators.
- Knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, version control, and testing methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to debug and troubleshoot software in complex embedded systems.
- Professional experience in embedded software development for Automotive Radar SoC or similar complex systems is recommended.
- Familiarity with Automotive SPICE or ISO 26262 standards for software development in the automotive industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of hardware description languages (HDL) and FPGA-based embedded systems is a plus.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Business-fluent English is required, German language skills are a plus.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.