- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
indie is recruiting outstanding talents to build innovative system solutions with integrated micro controllers and custom ASICs across various segments including automotive infotainment, home automation, medical and RF connectivity. In particular, we are currently looking for a Design Validation and Test (DVT) application engineering intern for wireless charging. Our ideal candidate should have deep and solid understanding on basic EE concepts and can apply them in real life lab work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and executing the validation plans for new semiconductor products at IP (in situ characterization) and system levels. Close collaboration with design team is encouraged as our IC designers do spend time in the lab!
- Validate indie’s ICs functionality in the lab against design and application requirements. Tasks include
test plan and procedure generation, initial chip bring up, full IP and chip level validation and
characterization over process and temperature and debug analysis while product is in development
- Define and develop the test setups with reasonable tradeoffs between accuracy, measurement time,
- Develop automation software for the tests using LabView or Python preferably.
- Design hardware fixtures, e.g. a PCB, as a part of the test setup if no off-the-shelf solution is
- Collect, consolidate and analyze test data for review with the design and quality teams.
- Participate in board and chip design reviews to make sure all the parameters can be tested.
- Help implement design features for testing and automation purposes.
- BS degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering and/or related experience.
- Have a solid foundation on basic circuit and demonstrated good understanding on basic analog circuits
on areas like transistors, Op Amp, ADC, DAC, oscillator and clock.
- Proficient with various test bench equipment such as DMM, power supply, oscilloscope, spectrum
analyzer, signal generator and VNA.
- Hands on capability to design and implement EDVT characterization tests with solid understanding of
hardware design and manufacturing test parameters. Familiar with concepts such as spec
- Enjoy debugging as well as inventing more efficient ways to test indie’s ICs
- Comfortable with MCU based systems and FW development tool chain.
- Hands on capability to develop and implement test scripts using C, C++, LabView and Python
- Be systematic and very well organized, excellent communication skills as we do have offices in UK,
Austin and California with FAE presence in Asia.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.