- Toronto, Canada
- San Jose, CA
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating and validating H264 encoder IP in the SoC. In addition, the candidate will work on rate control and streaming protocols for encoded video and other firmware components either in AutoSAR or SafeRTOS environment. The candidate must be a self-motivated individual with advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to mentor others and excel in a team environment.
- Design and implement H264 hardware encoder driver.
- Integrating the driver with streaming protocols (like RTP) to send stream over ethernet.
- Working on video rate control for optimized streaming.
- Working on firmware components for either AutoSAR or RTOS environment.
- Develop software in a continuous integration and continuous delivery methodology.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, and/or equivalent discipline
- Minimum 5 years of H264 and other video compression development along with rate control in embedded environment
- Familiar with Gstreamer media stack and various video streaming protocols
- Minimum 5 years of advanced C/C++ programming
- Proficient in python and other scripting language
- In depth understanding of optimization and debugging in RTOS environments
- Experience in Linux driver development
- Experience in AutoSAR MCAL driver development
- Experience in OpenCV and OpenVG
- Experience in strict software development process such as ASPICE
- Good written and verbal English communication skill
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.