- Dresden, Germany
- Munich, Germany
- Stuttgart, Germany
- Dusseldorf, Germany
- Frankfurt, Germany
Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing entrepreneurial environment? With indie you´ll never walk alone! We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our employees and customers!
indie is empowering the Autotech revolution with next generation automotive semiconductors and software platforms. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user experience and electrification applications.
As a Field Applications Engineer at indie Semiconductor, working 100% remotely in Germany, you will provide technical support for our camera video processor product line to our customers in Germany and the EU (Spain, France, Poland). You will also work closely with indie’s engineering teams to resolve all system-related issues reported by our customers.
In supporting the integration activities of indie Semiconductor’s chipsets, you will be required to fully understand the customer requirements and propose solutions based on existing API’s. You will also support the customer with de-bugging and software-related problems related to the integration in the product. Consequently, you will need to understand the software/hardware architecture of the product lines and help our customers integrate our products on their platforms. This role is 100% remote from anywhere in Germany, with travel throughout Germany and EU (Spain, France, Poland).
- Provide timely technical support to customers for indie’s camera processing product line via email, phone, or onsite support.
- Reproduce and trouble-shoot system and software related customer problems in the field.
- Provide detailed accurate description of bugs reported or reproduced in the field to the Software team.
- Support the Marketing and Sales department in pre-sales activities by creating and demonstrating innovative technology demos related to the product line.
- Communicate internally with all departments of company (i.e. Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Operations) to determine most effective customer solutions.
These are the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- 5+ years of experience as a field applications engineer or embedded software engineer.
- Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience debugging systems, hardware, and software problems.
- Background in image processing or video processing.
- Ability to use laboratory equipment (meters, scopes, signal generators, other test equipment).
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with the use of design and development techniques, tools, and software.
- Ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Experience in the automotive market/understanding of neural networks/familiarity with image sensors are all a plus.
- This role is 100% remote from anywhere in Germany, with travel throughout Germany and EU (Spain, France, Poland).
The successful candidate will have the following personal skills:
- Positive customer service attitude.
- Technical pre and post-sales support experience.
indie Semiconductor and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.